Modesto AC Repair
Offering Same-Day & Emergency Appointments at No Extra Cost!
Losing air conditioning on a hot California day is miserable, and when it happens to you, you can’t get your AC fixed fast enough. At Comfort Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, you can count on us to provide you with expert AC repair in Modesto, Oakdale, and neighboring cities. Our skilled air conditioning technicians offer prompt repair and maintenance services for all kinds of residential air conditioning equipment so you can get back to feeling comfortable quickly.
What makes Comfort Experts Modesto's choice for AC repair?
- We're available when you need us, no matter what day or time it is
- Our pricing is upfront and honest so there are no surprises
- Our technicians are clean, uniformed & highly-trained professionals
- We guarantee your complete satisfaction, or we'll make it right
Give us a call today at (209) 222-2779 to schedule your AC repair or maintenance service.
When to Call for AC Repair
When your air conditioner suddenly stops working in the middle of a heatwave, it’s obviously time to call a professional for repairs. However, there are other signs that can indicate the need for an inspection and repair that appear long before a complete AC breakdown. If you aren’t sure whether your air conditioner is working at peak performance, we recommend scheduling an appointment. We provide AC repair and maintenance to solve any problem.
Signs you need your air conditioner repaired:
- AC blowing warm air - The air coming out of your vents needs to be at least 15-20 degrees cooler than the air inside your home in order to be able to effectively cool it. If the air coming out of your vents feels warm, try changing your air filter. If that is not the cause, you may have a Freon or refrigerant leak.
- Strange sounds coming from AC system - If you hear loud grinding or banging noises when your AC compressor kicks on, it's a clear indication that something is wrong with the system. It's important to have a professional take a look to prevent additional damage from occurring.
- Spike in your utility bill - If your energy bill is much higher than normal, your air conditioner may not be operating as efficiently as it should be. If there has been a recent fire nearby, make sure you change out your air filter to rule out a clogged filter as the culprit. If that is not the issue, be sure to call Comfort Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for service.
When our technicians arrive at your home, we start by inspecting your air conditioning system to get to the bottom of the issue and get it fixed quickly. We have same-day appointments available, so you won’t be left waiting in the heat.
What Counts As An AC Emergency?
Although not every air conditioning problem is considered an emergency, it is important to know when to call an HVAC professional for same day help. Common AC emergencies include:
• Loss of cooling – If your air conditioner has stopped cooling completely, this is likely an emergency situation. During the hot summer months when the temperature is above 90 degrees, you will need a professional to come out and diagnose the issue right away.
• Refrigerant leaks – If you notice any signs of refrigerant leaks, such as a hissing noise or frost on the evaporator coils, this is an emergency situation and you should call for help immediately.
• Electrical problems – If your air conditioner’s blower motor stops working, or you notice sparks or burning smells coming from the unit, these can be indications of electrical problems that require urgent attention.
Cost of AC Repairs
It is common to be concerned about the cost of the repair, but don’t let worries about the price keep you from calling for service. We offer upfront pricing for AC repair in Modesto. The cost of the repair varies, depending on the reason for the malfunction and the type of replacement parts needed for your system, but the average is about $316.
The price for common AC repairs includes:
- Compressor replacement - $1,350 - $1,800
- Detecting and repairing a refrigerant leak - $225 - $1,600
- Evaporator coil replacement - $90 - $400
After we have inspected your air conditioning system to identify the source of the trouble, we will explain what we found and provide a free estimate for the cost of your repair. We have flat-rate pricing with no overtime charges. The price you are quoted is the price you will pay for your air conditioner repair.
Why Is My AC Freezing Up?
One of the most common causes of an AC freezing up is low refrigerant levels. Low refrigerant can cause the evaporator coil to become too cold and freeze, blocking air flow. If a system runs out of refrigerant, it needs to be professionally recharged.
In some cases, a dirty filter may be responsible for your AC freezing up. Air filters prevent dirt, dust, and other debris from entering your system, circulating and eventually clogging the coil. A dirty filter can also restrict air flow to the evaporator coils, causing them to become too cold for proper operation. Make sure to check and clean or replace air filters regularly according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Problems with the condensate drain can also cause an AC to freeze up. If the condensate drain becomes clogged, water can start to accumulate and freeze around the evaporator coil. The ice buildup will eventually reduce airflow, causing the system to malfunction. Make sure to check your condensate drain regularly and clear away any blockages.
A compressor malfunction can also cause an AC to freeze up. The compressor is responsible for pressurizing and cooling refrigerant as it circulates through the system. If the compressor fails, it won't be able to provide adequate cooling and will cause the coils to become too cold, blocking airflow. A faulty compressor needs to be professionally repaired or replaced.
If your AC is freezing up, it's best to call our professional HVAC technicians. We can diagnose the problem and determine the most appropriate solution for your situation.
Professional Air Conditioning Maintenance & Yearly AC Tune Ups
Professional maintenance is important to keep your air conditioning system operating at peak efficiency. Our maintenance service is designed to help improve performance, increase energy efficiency, lower your home cooling costs, prevent expensive breakdowns, and prolong the life of your air conditioning equipment. We recommend scheduling your maintenance visit before the start of the cooling season.
Our Comfort Club members receive quality heating and air conditioning maintenance services and much more. Club membership offers additional benefits, such as discounts on repairs, exclusive perks, and other free services.
Contact Comfort Experts Heating & Air Conditioning today to schedule your Modesto AC repair or maintenance appointment.
Why Trust The Experts?
Service With Integrity
Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
Well Trained Team
Locally Owned & Operated
Honest, Upfront Pricing
Call our team to learn more about the financing options we're offering and how we can help you bring back comfort at home.